MuscuPassion - Le Forum de musculation depuis 2007

Retrouvez toute l'information des passionnés de muscu sur un forum libre. Partage des programmes, conseils entre les membres et convivialité.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Sujets similaires
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Display 24 boosters Star Wars Unlimited – Crépuscule de la ...
Voir le deal

Partagez

Myriam Capes

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
thejpman

thejpman

Pts Actifs/Pertinence : 14877

Myriam Capes  Empty
MessageSujet: Myriam Capes    Myriam Capes  EmptyLun 1 Aoû - 16:39

Myriam Capes  Myriam10

IFBBPRO.com and Myriam wish to thank FLEXonline.com and the following photographers whose images grace this article: JM Manion, Isaac Hinds, Bill Comstock, Marc Thyssen, Dan Ray, Arnold Tokko, Larry Argon

Your first amateur competition was in 2002, where you won first place in the Short Class. How did you get involved in Fitness and why did you decide to compete? How did you feel winning your first contest?

To be completely honest, at that time, I didn't know much about Fitness. After my 12-year career as a national gymnast was over, I was finally able to live a normal teenage life. Then, one of my friends told me I should go to the gym. I wasn't really excited about the idea but after I went, I fell in love with the world of Fitness. That's how and where my career began.

Not knowing exactly what to do in a gym, I decided to perform some gymnastic moves when a trainer noticed me and expressed an interest in prepping me for a Fitness contest. After learning what a Fitness show consisted of, I was all in favor of doing the contest.

I went home and told my parents about my new opportunity and they immediately supported me. The next day, I went back to the gym for my first weight-training session and diet consultation. I truly believe my career as an IFBB Professional League Fitness competitor was a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Winning my first show just fueled my passion for Fitness. I knew I wanted to compete again but, at this point, just for fun and, admittedly, to get guys that were in good shape to look at me. I was only 17 years old at the time and didn't know why else I was doing this sport.

Myriam Capes  Myriam11

In 2003, you won the Quebec Provincial Championships and, in 2004, you successfully defended this title as well as winning the Overall and Best Choreography award. What did it mean to you to win the Overall and, in particular, Best Choreography?

I was so thankful to win the Overall and Best Choreography award. I put so much time and effort into building every routine; it was nice to have my hard work recognized. I was overcome by an overwhelming feeling that night after winning the award. At this point, I knew I had found my passion in life and would push myself to reach the highest level.

In 2004, you went on to win your class at the Canadian Championships. In 2005, you again won your class and, as well, the Best Choreography award. What was it like competing at the national level?

I felt so honored and proud to compete at the Canadian Championships level at such a young age. I was "THE baby". I was only 19 years old when I competed at my first Canadian Championships in 2004 and won my class. That was more than I expected. My goal was to place in the top 5. What a great surprise! Finally, I was able to compete with top competitors from across the country.

Did you compete at the IFBB World Amateur level?

Not at the World Amateurs but I did compete at the Weider Trophy in Marseille, France in 2006, where I won first place. That was another amazing experience and a really great trip. One of the things I like most about competing is the opportunity to travel to other countries and meet new people.

Myriam Capes  Myriam12

In 2006, you won the Overall (and Best Choreography) at the Canadian Championships and earned an IFBB Pro Card. Can you describe your feelings on hearing your name announced as the Overall winner, realizing this meant an IFBB Pro Card?

Oh my God! I started crying like a baby. One word that came to mind was, "FINALLY!" After my third year in a row at the Canadian Championships, winning my class and, FINALLY, the Overall and my Pro Card! Wow! That was the most wonderful day of my life and just the beginning of my Fitness career. I knew I was about to compete with the top Fitness athletes in the world and maybe one day join the ranks of the elite in my chosen sport. I was so happy and excited; I don't think there's a word to describe the feeling when you finally get rewarded for all your consistent efforts and sacrifices.

Your first IFBB Pro show was the 2007 Europa Super Show, won by reigning Fitness Olympia Champion Adela Garcia. How did it feel competing with Adela, Tanji Johnson, Mindi OBrien and other USA and international professional Fitness competitors? What did you learn from this show?

I was so honored to compete with some of the top Fitness athletes who I had admired for years. I couldn't really believe I was standing next to them on the same stage; it was so unreal.

Competing in the United States was a HUGE step for me; especially with my bad English. Girls can tell … but everyone loved my French accent and I always managed to find a way to make myself understood.

I learned a lot from this show. First, that I needed to learn English and second, that I needed to make sure my suit met IFBB Professional League rules. Luckily, Adela was kind enough to help me find another suit; she saved me.

Now that I was competing in the IFBB Professional League, I realized I was back at the bottom and would have to fight my way to the top. I knew my routine and physique had to be spot on and I had to keep my head up no matter what came my way. I now knew that I had moved into the "big leagues" and it was time to bring my A game.

Myriam Capes  Myriam13

You qualified for the 2007 Fitness Olympia by placing 2nd at the Santa Susanna Pro and found yourself now onstage with top competitors Adela, Kim Klein, Jen Hendershott, Tanji Johnson, Tracey Greenwood and Julie Palmer. Describe how you felt stepping onstage at your first Fitness Olympia? Were you OK with your placing? What did you take away from your first Olympia?

I couldn't really believe what was happening; everything happened so fast. I remember returning from Spain on Monday night and leaving for Vegas early Tuesday morning. It was such an adrenaline rush and extremely exciting at the same time. My first year competing as a pro and I was already qualified for the Big O; that was a dream come true. VIVA LAS VEGAS!

Well, I think just being able to walk on that stage with the best Fitness competitors in the world was more than enough for me; no matter where I placed.

I was so nervous to learn that I was the first girl to go onstage and open the night show since we were going on in alphabetical order. I remember how stressed I was; I was shaking inside.

Now that I know how that experience feels, I prefer to be first; I got used to it I guess. I get to rock my routine and then relax and enjoy the rest of the show.

In 2008, you competed in four shows placed as high as 4th at the Atlanta Pro and just missing qualifying for the 2008 Fitness Olympia. How did you react to not qualifying for the Fitness Olympia?

I was really sad and upset, especially missing my qualification by one place. I was so mad at myself. I didn't feel sorry for myself; I just started working even harder for the following year. I knew I was so close and knew exactly what the judges were expecting from me so I didn't have any time to lose.

Sometimes in life you grow more with failure and that makes you even stronger.

Myriam Capes  Myriam14

In 2009, you placed 2nd in two shows and qualified for the Olympia. A top 6 finalist at the 2009 Fitness Olympia meant an automatic qualification for the 2010 Olympia. How did you feel standing onstage with Adela, Tanji, Tracey, Julie and Tina (Durkin)?

Unbelievable feeling, wow! Top 6 at the Olympia! I was one of the six best Fitness girls in the world! I couldn't really believe it; I was so proud of myself for coming so far; trying to improve my physique all year long with the feedback I got from the judges. My trainer, Mr. Robert Joubert, and I always try to work around the feedback we get and bring a different look to every show I compete in. I was right on point at this show and all my hard work finally paid off. I was floating on cloud 9!

In 2010, you competed in the Fitness International, placed 2nd at two Europa shows and took 4th place at the Fitness Olympia (behind Adela, Tanji and Trish Warren), earning another automatic qualification into the 2011 Olympia. What changes did you make to your physique and/or routine between the 2007 Olympia and 2010?

Like I said before, my physique has come a long way since turning pro. It changes from show to show. My routines have always been my strong point, so I focus on the judge's comments to bring down my physique as I was getting a lot of feedback saying I was still too muscular.

In Canada, to turn Pro, you need to be more muscular than what they are looking for in the IFBB Professional League. That wasn't easy for me; I was on a super strict diet for 10 months, trying to burn some muscle. Although in the end, it was all worth it.

In 2011 so far, you placed 5th at the Fitness International and 2nd at the Toronto Pro Super Show. Are your preparations for this years Fitness Olympia different than last years? What changes, if any, will you make to your physique and/or routine?

Getting a perfect score in the physique round at the Toronto Pro, I knew my physique was spot on. The best I've ever looked on stage. I will continue to prepare the same way up to the Olympia, trying to look even better and more symmetrical. I still need to work on getting my legs and butt a little fuller.

As for the routine, I started to work on a whole new routine a few months ago, but I can't reveal anything about it at this point, it's a secret!

All I can really say about my new routine is that you definitely won't want to miss it … my best work to date. Every year, I try to pull off a more spectacular and really different routine to give a good show.

Myriam Capes  Myriam15

This year, there are 5 Fitness shows plus the Olympia. There are 21 Figure and 20 Bikini shows. It would appear that interest in Fitness events is declining, as promoters are doing more Figure and Bikini shows. What are your thoughts on this?

I feel that Figure and Bikini shows are promoted more because people just want to see good looking people with nice physiques on stage; they don't really know what Fitness is all about. It's a very technical sport and most people probably couldn't care less to see us perform our routines. They just want to see beautiful women with great physiques doing quarter turns. I don't wish to take anything away from Figure and Bikini. But I'm saddened that Fitness appears to be declining because, in my view, Fitness is the most difficult and athletic class in the entire IFBB Professional League.

Can you briefly describe your physique training program?

Depending on what's coming up next for me, I usually train five days a week. I concentrate most of my energy on leg training. I train legs twice a week so they can match my upper body. The remaining three days, I mix upper-body training, including some of the strength moves for my routine. I basically do a combination of muscle and aerobic training.

I'm not a big fan of cardio, but I have to do some intervals once or twice a week and stretching twice a week also. As for my routine, I'm practicing only once a week. With my busy training schedule, I always keep one day off in the week just to rest and do something completely different to keep a good balance in my life.

What tips can you give aspiring Fitness competitors to improve their routines?

The best advice I can give up and coming Fitness competitors is to stick with what you are good at. Never try to pull out moves that you're not comfortable with or are stressing over; that could be disastrous on stage. It's better to bring down the level of difficulty of the routine and make everything look super clean and perfect. Judges will know if you're trying too hard.

Myriam Capes  Myriam16

What tips can you give aspiring Fitness competitors to improve their routines?

The best advice I can give up and coming Fitness competitors is to stick with what you are good at. Never try to pull out moves that you're not comfortable with or are stressing over; that could be disastrous on stage. It's better to bring down the level of difficulty of the routine and make everything look super clean and perfect. Judges will know if you're trying too hard.

Favorite food(s)?

Sushi and ice-cream all the way! Too bad they're not part of my diet!

Least favorite food(s)?

I'm not really picky with food; I like almost everything. As long as I'm not starving, I'm fine.

Favorite movie(s)?

As a little girl, I used to love "Dirty Dancing". Now I like "Step Up", "You Got Served", "Burlesque", "Chicago", "Turn It Up" and "Make It Happen".

Favorite TV show(s)?

None, I dont really have time in my day to sit down and watch TV.

Favorite book(s)?

"THE SECRET"; everybody needs to know THE SECRET. I can't even count how many times I've read this book. It's my bible!

Things you like most in people?

I like positive people and happy people, like me. It's so much easier to be surrounded by people with positive energy. I don't have time for negativity. I also like people who don't put limits on their lives; they see BIG things in there futures.

Things you like least in people?

I hate fake and unreal people and I can't stand people who don't stick to their word. I also dislike people who are late. My theory is, if you're on time, you're late. If you're 15 minutes early, you're on time.

Myriam Capes  Myriam16

Things you enjoy doing outside of sport? Favorite leisure activity?

I like to spend time with people I love, like family and friends. I try to spend most of my free time with them doing plenty of activities. Family and friends are so important to me and play a huge part in my life.

I love to spend the day in a spa and just relax. On the other hand, I'm always willing to try any extreme sport, like bungee jumping, sky diving, surfing, etc. I'm always looking for an adrenaline rush, I LOVE IT! There isn't enough crazy things to do for me.

Do you have any hobbies?

As everybody knows, with all the stuff we need to do as a Fitness competitor, I don't have much time to have any hobbies on top of all my training. Although, I have found time to do indoor surfing and I love it.

Maybe after my Fitness career, I'll become a surfer girl. Who knows?

Do you play any musical instruments?

No talent at all for that.

Do you do any charitable work or support any charitable foundations or causes?

Recently, I'm officially the godmother of the "Canadian Muscular Dystrophy". I think it's important to help and give some of my time to people who don't have the same chance as me and who don't have healthy muscles.

What things are you passionate about?

I'm passionate about LIFE. Life is so beautiful. I'm so glad to be healthy and to be able to live life to the fullest in every aspect. Everything is possible in life; you just need to have faith.

Elite athletes, regardless of the sport, do not achieve success without a loyal, dedicated, hard working team supporting them. Who are your supporters?

The team behind any competitor usually works in the shadows even though they play a major and vital role in an athlete's preparation. They deserve recognition for their knowledge and expertise, as well as the time, energy, effort and dedication they put into us athletes.

For the past six years, I've had the honor of working with the best trainer in Canada, M. Robert Joubert. For my routine, I'm very fortunate to work with Mme. Brigitte Korak, my Olympic gymnastics trainer when I competed in gymnastics. I also have the help and support of a good friend who is a circus artist, Mme. Julie Desgagné.

I'm so grateful to have this great team behind me to help me reach my goals every year. Without them, I definately wouldn't be where I am right now!

Myriam Capes  Myriam17

Myriam Capes  Myriam18

Myriam Capes  Myriam19

Myriam Capes  Myriam20

Myriam Capes  Myriam21

Myriam Capes  Myriam22

Myriam Capes  Myriam23

Myriam Capes  Myriam24

Myriam Capes  Myriam25
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
thejpman

thejpman

Pts Actifs/Pertinence : 14877

Myriam Capes  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Myriam Capes    Myriam Capes  EmptyMer 5 Oct - 15:48

Spotlight On: Myriam Capes
Myriam Capes  DSC_9824_GFRKTBTKKX

Date of birth: August 20th 1984

Hometown: Laprairie, Quebec,Canada

Career: IFBB pro fitness athlete and certified personal trainer

If you could change into a superhero for a day who would you be and why? I would have to go with Wonder Women because she does the right thing and represents power and strength.

What made you begin dedicating your lifestyle to this sport?

Since I was a little gymnast, I dreamed about the Olympics and when I discovered Fitness, I fell in love with the sport because through hard training and good living, it allows me to achieve my goal of being a world-class athlete.

Myriam Capes  DSC_9919_IBSMNCSPXU

What approach do you take to dieting...carb cycle..keto?

My diets are built to maximize my training programs and are adapted to my muscular reaction and needs of the moment. Presently my diet is calculated in carbohydrate to bring me the level of energy which I need at the end of my preparation and in protein to keep my muscle tone. My diet consists of all the main food groups; fruits and vegetables, meat, dairy products, starchy foods and vegetables, all in specific quantities.

What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about competing?

That it looks easy! It is hard to imagine the mental, physical and emotional commitment that is required to compete at the highest level. It’s a daily commitment where every thought you have, every action you take and every decision you make must be in sync with your goal. Discipline, dedication and passion is the key to make it “look” easy once on stage Wink

What is your most embarrassing childhood memory?

When I was 14, after a long period of hard training, I attended the gymnastic championship and the floor was the first apparatus that I had to compete on. As the music started, I went into my first tumbling line and twisted my ankle pretty badly. My coach Brigitte carried me off the floor in her arms and I felt pretty embarrassed to finish the competition in the infirmary.

What is the biggest lesson you have learned about YOURSELF during your contest prep?

I have learned something different about myself during every contest prep and it has helped me to grow into a stronger athlete. Fitness is my passion and my life, but I must say that besides the physical and mental preparation, the most important aspect is to be able to maintain a balance in my life by spending quality time with people that I care and love.

Myriam Capes  DSC_6831_MKVXWHMFXK

Who do you look up and admire and why?

I admire anyone who works hard to achieve their goals and never gives up, even when faced with difficult challenges.

Competition history:

-2011 FITNESS OLYMPIA 3th place

-2011 Toronto Super Pro Show 2th place

-2011 FITNESS INTERNATIONAL 5th place

-2010 FITNESS OLYMPIA 4th place

-2010 Europa Show 2nd place

-2010 Europa Show of Champions 2nd place

-2010 FITNESS INTERNATIONAL 8th place

-2009 FITNESS OLYMPIA 6th place

-2009 Europa Show 2nd place

-2009 Europa Show of Champions 2nd place

-2009 New York Pro Fitness 5th place

-2008 Atlantic City pro Show 4th place

-2008 Europa Show 7th place

-2008 Houston pro Show; 12th place

-2008 New York Pro Fitness: 9th place

-2007 FITNESS OLYMPIA participation

-2007 Santa Suzanna Pro Gran Prix 2nd place

-2007 Europa Show Best routine award

Next competition:

ARNOLD CLASSIC EUROPE, Madrid,Spain
2011,October 9-10th

Favorite Motivational Quote:
You are the master of your own fate. You can achieve anything in life if you believe in yourself!

Myriam Capes  Myriam%20Capes%20handstand

Who would you like to thank?

Behind every great athlete is a great team and I am grateful to have an amazing team to help me achieve my
dreams: my trainer, Robert Joubert, and my routine choreographer and gymnastics coach, Brigitte Korak, who
constantly push me to be my best. Also, special thanks to Julie Desgagné, circus artist and dear friend, and
Diane Lapointe, my guardian angel and the best physical therapist anywhere.
I would also like to thank my sponsors who believe in me unconditionally: Pro Circuit Nutrition, Flex Gym,
Maggie Blanchard Suits, Immunotec, Aliments Vaillancourt, Bronzage Tropic Plus. Without their support it
would have been impossible to achieve such great things.

And finally, I would like to thank my family, friends, clients and, of course, all of my wonderful fans!!

LEECH

LEECH

Pts Actifs/Pertinence : 58221
Localisation : Planète des Elohim ,à une année-lumière de notre système solaire.

Myriam Capes  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Myriam Capes    Myriam Capes  EmptyVen 22 Juin - 17:05

Myriam Capes  428389_407993235905378_1460265324_n
http://www.muscupassion.com
LEECH

LEECH

Pts Actifs/Pertinence : 58221
Localisation : Planète des Elohim ,à une année-lumière de notre système solaire.

Myriam Capes  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Myriam Capes    Myriam Capes  EmptyDim 8 Juil - 18:39

Fitness Québec, décembre 2011

Myriam Capes  306836_265344366903052_1914388260_n
http://www.muscupassion.com
Contenu sponsorisé

Myriam Capes  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Myriam Capes    Myriam Capes  Empty

Myriam Capes

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut