MuscuPassion - Le Forum de musculation depuis 2007

Retrouvez toute l'information des passionnés de muscu sur un forum libre. Partage des programmes, conseils entre les membres et convivialité.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Sujets similaires
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal

Partagez

Chris Cormier

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant
AuteurMessage
thejpman

thejpman

Pts Actifs/Pertinence : 14877

Chris Cormier - Page 4 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyMer 29 Juin - 12:09

The Real Deal: Chris Cormier's Last Word on Back Training and His First Contract- Part 1
Chris Cormier - Page 4 Cormie10

Written by Chris Cormier
Wednesday, 29 June 2011 02:17

QUESTION: A lot of people knocked you for your back development earlier in your career. How did you bring it up and how could someone use it to increase his or her own back width and thickness?

ANSWER: Good question! In the beginning I lived in Palm Springs and had ok development for that scene. After I came to L.A. I noticed I had a small back. It was wide but not thick. Charles Glass said I had a baby back! So I started getting deep tissue work done on it and it made a big difference. To improve any body part you have to understand it. If I need to train lats, I train lats. If it's the lower back, its lower back. There's all kinds of tricks like different hand positions, playing with the arch of your back; little things you can change around can make all the difference. Once I figured out the little techniques and paid attention to detail my back took off. I eventually made it a strong point and my secret weapon when I got deeper into my career. One thing I do like to do that hits your whole back from traps to the base of your spinal erectors is a bodybuilding-style dead lift on the Smith Machine. When you come up squeeze it up high and keep the butt down, then come back and get a good stretch at the bottom. That movement gets everything on fire from traps down to your lower back. Watch out because it hurts!

Chris Cormier - Page 4 CormierBack

Locking out is bad all around!

You know in bodybuilding they say locking out is bad. But it's just as bad in other sports too! I turn on ESPN and see all this talk about the lockout and what its doing for Football. Man, I think they're ruining it! Everyone's losing money every day! TV stations, teams, athletes. And worse, people are going to start getting hurt. They're going to start playing a lot harder to make themselves more of an asset. I think a lot more guys are going to start having more injuries. And the guys who could have made it in the NFL might not make it at all now. And that's sad thinking about the all this talent going to waste. This is a nasty mess any way you cut it. We could talk all day about how bad it is. But in the end I know one thing; I want my damn Football this fall! So I hope like hell each side can come to an agreement and work things out!

Real Deal Personal Training

I wanted to take a minute and tell you all what I'm all about at the moment. I'm brand new to this training thing but I just realized I'm good at it! I've been training people for a few months and my goal is to get my athletes to be the best they can be. I'm very hands on with my people. I'm not like a lot of other guys. I try to get all my clients to perfect their posing, train as hard as they can, spend weeks in the posing room trying to teach them how to be a general on stage. I take their whole prep into my hands. It's not just diet and training with me. I might not be a genius with all these potions and magic tricks but I know solid methods that work and a track record to prove it. I'm training at Gold's Venice still but I go to my clients and I want to put more into it than everyone else. It's not a problem to give for me. The philosophy I hold for my clients is I'll do whatever it takes for them to succeed. If any of you all want to get in touch with me you can get me at Cormierenterprise@yahoo.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . 1801 Lincoln BLVD Venice CA # 120. I do posing seminars, contest prep, and anything else bodybuilding related. I really think through training these guys the way I do I could help turn this sport around.

Chris Cormier - Page 4 CormierArtistic

My first time signing on the dotted line...

I got a good story about the first contract I ever signed. Man I miss the days! It seems like just the other day I was visiting Joe [Weider] in his office for the first time. First I have to say Delores Cormier, my mother, was my first sponsor. She always supported me the most. That's what mothers are for, right? I came to Venice in the late 80's and money was an issue. I lived up the street from Venice and I was bouncing and working at GNC. There was barely enough left over after living expenses and food were taken care of. Those were some tough but fun years! This was around the time I trained with Flex (Wheeler) and Rico McClinton. In 1993 after winning the overall at the USA's I still didn't have a contract and I kept hoping for my lucky day. On a whim I was invited to a meeting with Paul Dillet and Robin Chang to meet Joe Weider. Robin told Joe, "I want you to meet this guy, Chris, and you're going to like him". So I come in the room and there's Joe sitting at his desk. Without hesitation he asked for a few poses and I took my shirt off and hit a few. He glanced around and said "Do you have any legs, son"? Man, that excited me because at the time legs were my thing! I was still coming into my own with my upper body. So I pulled the shorts down and did an abs-thigh and he was impressed! I could see it on his face. So here I am, 24 years old impressing Joe Weider! This guy has seen Arnold, Frank Zane, Robbie Robinson and all the other old timers. At the same time I'm thinking, "I beat Mike Francois, Edgar Fletcher, Craig Titus, Dennis Newman, in a tough class. So I was thinking I was going to get a contract. A short time after I was asked to do a guest posing for FLEX magazine in Arizona. Of course I said hell yeah! I needed the dough and wanted a contract in a bad way so I did my best to impress the Weider crew. After that I was supposed to have another meeting with Joe and guess what? Just my luck, he didn't want to see me!

Chris Cormier - Page 4 Weider

What happens next after Chris' trip to Arizona? Did Joe apologize for not meeting him? Did he actually get a contract? Did he get snubbed again? Tune in for the next installment of the Final Word to see Chris field questions, dish out stories and opinions and find out what exactly happened with his first attempt to nab a Weider contract!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
thejpman

thejpman

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyMar 5 Juil - 11:23

Chris Cormier - Page 4 Cormie11

The Real Deal: Cormier Continues His Story About His First Weider Contract!

QUESTION: After watching a few of the old "Battle for the Olympia" tapes I noticed you were one of the only competitors who had natural looking calves in the mid to late 90's. They were very vascular and shredded with a natural look to them compared to most of the other competitors. Did this phenomenon have anything to do with synthol/site enhancement oils and how rampant was that back in your heyday?

ANSWER: I was doing deep tissue when I was a teenager. I told Jay to do this around 2000 and I started doing deep tissue on my calves first. I think that's one thing I had in my favor was the detail. It took me awhile to develop a mind-muscle connection and, actually, feel the reps in my calves. I never wanted to look stupid, and wanted everything to match. I thought I had better calves than Flex [Wheeler]. As far as site enhancement, that nasty shit guys were using in the 90's wasn't something I was into. Almost everyone was doing it. Only a few guys kept it pure without it. That was some nasty stuff. You could always tell with a good eye who was using it and who wasn't.

Chris Cormier - Page 4 CormierCalves

Staying Nostalgic about the good ol' days...

The goal with this new direction I'm taking in life and in business is to help competitors and keep the tradition of doing things the simple old school way alive. But not only do I want that to stay alive I want to fix the sport. Bring that camaraderie back. You all know what I mean? Back in the day I could walk into the gym and Flex, Rico (McClinton), Paul Dillett, Aaron Baker, and a lot of other cats would be training. There was electricity in the air and that's how everyone describes it but its true. You couldn't help but train your ass off. And everybody respected each other. I could always jump in a back workout with Flex or whoever and it was competitive between us, but in a good way. I miss those days. I want to help bring that feeling back in so bad.

Chris Cormier - Page 4 CormierFlexRico

Joe Weider: Part 2

So I left off last time telling you about my experience getting the rigmarole with Joe Weider. I was flying to appearances and trying to meet with Joe but it just didn't seem like it was happening. My rent was like 900 bucks; I was probably making 1500 and after food and everything else it was tight. So I went down to Mexico and was living off of guest posing money. This was about 5 weeks before my first pro show at the Ironman. I did some photo shoots and went to my first show without a contract. But after the show I took 2nd. and earned $4,000. That was the year Vince Taylor won. Then I did the Arnold and placed 4th. That gave me $17,000! I was really liking this whole earning money from something I loved thing. I mean, it felt good, but I still had no contract. Then I did a shoot with Chris Lund and had on some army gear. I had a do-rag on my head and Joe saw the photos again and basically went "Holy shit, sign this guy"! Funny huh? Didn't even recognize me from before but I guess he was very impressed! The first contract I signed was 24,000 dollars! May not sound like much now, and it isn't but back then it was ok. It helped but didn't do a lot because every month after the checks came they were gone way too fast! Anyone who's been in this sport long enough knows this is one expensive ass sport! After a while, I went to Joe and told him it wasn't enough money and I, actualy, got a little raise. It was decent but still not much. I took 6th place in my first Olympia and that was in 94'. I was competing every six months and did every Arnold and every Olympia for a decade. Who else do you know of today who does that? Nobody! So after competing as much as I did that's when the contracts started to come in. The contracts were always about a year long. After the Olympia I went to Joe to find out how much more I'd make. How much was it? NONE! That goes to show you, its all business. In this sport you have to make yourself an asset to the company you're representing or they'll drop your ass or you won't get a better salary when renewal time comes! Stuff just doesn't come to you in terms of contracts. You have to work and work hard!

Thanks again for reading guys! Next month I'll have some more questions answered and I'll see how far I can dig down to give you some good stories about the heydays of competitive bodybuilding. Until next time, I'm out. Peace!
shuikan

shuikan

Pts Actifs/Pertinence : 18654

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyVen 8 Juil - 14:16

http://www.muscupassion.com
Louloubabar

Pts Actifs/Pertinence : 36329

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyVen 16 Sep - 0:40

il est HS à la fin
JOHN-WOOO

JOHN-WOOO

Pts Actifs/Pertinence : 2618

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyVen 16 Sep - 10:30

Il est bon le Yates, j'adore ! niveau intensité il reste toujours une référence Twisted Evil
shuikan

shuikan

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyLun 3 Oct - 20:17

thejpman

thejpman

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptySam 31 Déc - 20:55

Chris Cormier @ 1998 Grand Prix Finland

JOHN-WOOO

JOHN-WOOO

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyLun 2 Jan - 11:27

Beau comme un camion en 1998 !!!
shuikan

shuikan

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyJeu 19 Jan - 21:22

Chris Cormier - Page 4 395716_10150536555925789_27939425788_8782939_808336175_n
goodyear

goodyear

Pts Actifs/Pertinence : 12705

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyJeu 19 Jan - 21:55

ca a sa place dans le topic "la mode chez les body" !
Mias classe malgres tout Chris Chormier
JOHN-WOOO

JOHN-WOOO

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyJeu 19 Jan - 23:17

Sur la photo ce que je vois en premier c est la puting de bonne genetique de flex !
Louloubabar

Pts Actifs/Pertinence : 36329

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyJeu 23 Fév - 15:40

Chris Cormier - Page 4 429948_10150594031657444_122788722443_9159131_2106228312_n
Crom

Crom

Pts Actifs/Pertinence : 21150

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyJeu 23 Fév - 15:51

Chris Cormier - Page 4 Th_ske10
goodyear

goodyear

Pts Actifs/Pertinence : 12705

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 EmptyMar 10 Avr - 20:18

Chris Cormier - Page 4 ROEov
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Chris Cormier   Chris Cormier - Page 4 Empty

Chris Cormier

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 4 sur 5Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant